What is the Buyers Guarantee?
The Buyers Guarantee is outlined in our Terms and Conditions, but essentially it covers the buyer in the case of a scam, fraud or product misrepresentation. This means that if you’re not happy the product is as described, we’ll ensure that you get your money back. Below are the circumstances when the Buyers Guarantee applies:
- The buyer doesn’t receive an item
- The item received by the buyer doesn’t match the listing, for example:
- The seller sent the wrong item, or
- The item arrives broken, damaged, or faulty.
- The seller doesn’t fulfil their return policy as stated in the listing.
We want you to shop hassle-free on EquiMarket. Our Buyers Guarantee applies to most items on our site, and there’s no extra fee for coverage. It’s automatic and covers your purchase price, plus original shipping costs on eligible purchases.
What is the Criteria?
As a buyer, for your transaction to be eligible for EquiMarket’s Buyers Guarantee:
- You must complete and pay for your purchase on EquiMarket.co.uk using an eligible payment method at checkout;
- You must meet the requirements specified in the Terms and Conditions and the Buyers Guarantee Policy, including taking action within the required time frames;
- The item may not be an excluded item or subject to any additional exclusions; and
- You may not seek resolution for the same issue by another resolution method
- The buyer must have paid through the Stripe (credit/debit card) checkout. Cash, bank transfer or any other transaction types are not covered by this policy.
As a seller, for transactions where EquiMarket’s Buyers Guarantee applies:
- You are responsible for delivering the item that was described in the listing, honouring your stated return policy, and providing a resolution when a buyer reports a problem with an order
- If the purchase was completed on EquiMarket.co.uk, you must meet the requirements specified in this policy, including taking action within the required time frames, even if the item was listed on a different EquiMarket site
Eligible payment methods and excluded items
Eligible payment methods
Eligible for coverage:
How do I go about a return/refund?
Below is a step-by-step guide on how to claim a refund/return/exchange if you feel you have met the criteria above:
- The buyer must first “Request a Return” of the item via their “Order” page of their account, or they can contact the seller directly via the “Contact Seller” form on the seller’s profile. Click here to see how to “Request a Return”.
- Once the seller responds, if they confirm the return, you can then arrange to send the item back to the seller (you may need to ask for the return address details).
- When the seller receives the returned item, they will then submit a “Refund Request” via the relevant order page. The refund will then be issued back to the card you paid with. Click here to see how a seller submits a “Refund Request”.
This said, the buyer will need to allow the following times frames to be inline with this policy:
1) The buyer requests a return via the order page on their “My Account”.
Or they can contact the seller directly through the “Contact Seller” button on their profile.
- Once the estimated or actual delivery/collection date has passed
- 30 calendar days after the estimated or actual delivery/collection date has passed, or within the seller’s stated returns window, whichever is longer.
2) The seller responds to the buyer’s request
- The seller is required to respond and provide a solution to the buyer’s issue.
- 5 business days after the request date
In some cases, EquiMarket may automatically accept the return on the seller’s behalf.
3) Ask EquiMarket to step in
- If the seller hasn’t responded or hasn’t issued a refund after receiving the return, or if the buyer and seller can’t reach a resolution, either party can ask us to step in and help.
- If the buyer tries to contact the seller, or they submit a “Return Request”, but doesn’t get a response, they then can contact EquiMarket via the support page.
- 5 business days after you contacted the seller.
- 21 business days after the request date, if the seller never responded
- 10 business days after the refund deadline has passed, if the seller is issuing a refund